Yoga for men is a natural, helpful, and effective way to deal with sexual health problems. Yoga is a healthy practice that mainly focuses on balance and harmony in your life. It greatly helps improve the quality of life of a person.
A sexual health problem is any problem that a couple faces during sexual activity and leads to unsatisfactory sexual intercourse. Though there are medicines available to treat any health problem, natural ways are the best way as it increases the efficacy of such drugs.
Erectile dysfunction is a prevalent sexual dysfunction in men. It is also known as impotence and a condition in which a man cannot get or maintain a satisfying erection. Today many people practise yoga also as a form of erectile dysfunction exercise. As a result, the benefits of this ancient exercise have increased its popularity in the western world.
Causes Of Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction is the inability in men to get or maintain an erection during sexual intercourse. The problem in getting or keeping an erection can also be an underlying sign of a health condition. Therefore, treating the underlying disease can help better erectile dysfunction.
Erections mainly involve blood vessels, and the most common cause of ED in men, especially among older men, is conditions that block blood flow to the penis. These include the hardening of the arteries by a process known as arteriosclerosis. Another cause may be defected veins in the penis that drains blood too quickly from the penis.
Other common causes of erectile dysfunction may include:
- Heart diseases
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Multiple sclerosis
- Sleep disorders
- Certain prescribed medicines
- Tobacco use
- Low testosterone
- Parkinson’s disease
What Are The Best Yoga Poses for Men?
While experts do not fully understand how yoga for men helps in erectile dysfunction, it combines the physical benefits of an exercise, such as increasing blood flow and improving cardiovascular fitness, and psychological effects, including stress reduction and mindfulness.
There are many types of yoga for men that may help with ED symptoms. Many yoga
Many Yoga postures boost fertility, and some of them are as follows:
Naukasana or Boat Pose
This boat pose treats many disorders, and erectile dysfunction is one of them. It improves blood circulation in the body and regulates the functions of the pancreas, lungs, and kidneys. Naukasana or boat pose is also beneficial for diabetic patients to maintain their sugar level in the body, and diabetes is one of the common causes of sexual dysfunction.
Directions to do Naukasana:-
- Lie on your back, usually, breathe and keep your arms by your side
- Inhale, lift your legs and keep your legs straight
- Now, exhale and lift your upper body off the ground and stretch your arms towards the feet
- You will feel the pressure on the navel as the abdomen muscles contract
- Hold this position for a few seconds and return to the initial position.
Kandasana or Upward Ankle Lift Pose
Kandasana is the best yoga asana to enhance sexuality and overcome erectile dysfunction. The benefits of yoga for men from this asana are numerous. It stimulates the organs such as the kidney and bladder and maintains the health and functions of the lower body parts.
Directions to practice Kandasana:-
- Sit on the floor with your legs stretched straight in the front
- Bend your knees, keep your feet towards the trunk, and heels close to the perineum. Also, keep your knees on the floor.
- Inhale, place the feet’ soles against your navel, and balance it. Use your hands.
- Keep your back straight and hold the position for at least a few seconds.
- Lower your legs on the floor, rest, and repeat this pose.
Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose
Gomukh asana can be a beneficial yoga for men. It can help stimulate blood circulation in the body and make it energetic. It also works on the muscles and helps in treating sexual disorders. For example, Gomukhasana is highly beneficial for those with diabetes, and diabetes is a cause of sexual dysfunction. It also reduces stress and anxiety.
Directions to practice Gomukhasana:-
- Sit on the ground with legs stretched outwards.
- Bend your left leg and place it under the right buttock. Also, bend your right leg and put it on the left thigh.
- Now, fold your left arm and put it behind the back.
- Keep your right arm over your right shoulder. Stretch and try to reach the left arm.
- Breathe normally and hold the position for about 30 seconds.
Supta Vajrasana or Supine Thunderbolt Pose
Supta vajrasana is a pose that not only helps sexual dysfunction but is also beneficial for the entire body. There are several benefits to practising this pose. First, it brings a fresh blood supply, particularly to the kidneys, liver, pancreas, and bowels. It is also helpful for those dealing with respiratory disorders, and it maintains the functioning of adrenal glands.
Directions to practice Supta Vajrasana:-
- Take a kneeling position with knees, ankles, and toes touching the ground.
- Take the support of your elbows, lean back slowly from the waist, and touch your shoulders and back to the ground. Do not raise your knees.
- Cross your arms and place the palms beneath the shoulder.
- Do not change the position of the knees. Instead, close your eyes and rest.
- Hold that position for about 30 to sixty seconds.
- Then slowly return to the initial position.
Paschimottanasana or Seated Forward Bend
Pashimottanasana helps in improving endurances as it strengthens the peroneal muscles. In addition, perennial muscles help maintain a firm erection during sexual intercourse. Paschimottanasana benefits men in beating erectile dysfunction and improving their sex life.
Directions to practice Paschimottanasana:-
- Sit down on the ground and join your legs together. Stretch your legs.
- Put your feet pointing towards the ceiling.
- Breathe in and pull both the arms in an upward motion
- Breathe out and bend your body towards your toes while keeping your back straight
- Hold the big toe of your feet with the index finger and the thumb.
- After holding the fingers, bend your body towards your feet like trying to touch your head with them.
- Maintain the position for more than 10 seconds
- Slowly get back to the original sitting position.
Which Yoga Pose For Men Increases Blood Flow To The Pelvic Region?
Garudarsana (eagle pose) is a yoga pose for men that increases blood flow to the pelvic region. This yoga pose consists of bending your knees and getting down on your right foot while intersecting your left leg over your right thigh. It would help if you also held your breaths, then repeated it on the opposite side.
This pose helps fix impaired blood flow through the blood vessels and helps maintain an erection. Gurusarsana is also helpful in treating medical conditions like heart diseases and high blood pressure.
How can I get rid of Erectile Dysfunction naturally?
There are many ways of treating ED naturally. Including eating a healthy nutritional diet, practising exercise that includes the benefits of yoga for men, a healthy sleeping pattern, losing weight, and getting rid of the extra belly fat.
Psychological factors affecting your mental health, such as anxiety, stress, and depression, also contribute to ED in men. By practising sex therapies, counselling, and stress reduction techniques, erectile dysfunction is treatable.
Outlook: Yoga For Men
If you have ED, there is help beyond prescription medicines like ayurvedic oils(Kamsutram, Saandha). Among the erectile dysfunction exercises, yoga may be an excellent place to start treating ED and other medical conditions without opting for surgeries like penile implants. The benefits of yoga for men are several. It helps increase the blood flow through the blood vessels, improves flexibility, and reduces stress.