Breast cancer is commonly linked to a protracted period of fatigue, psychological torment, neurological disorder, and thereby leading to poor quality of life. It is observed that a huge populace of breast cancer victims doesn’t really feel the pain in the earlier stages of breast cancer. If you’re diagnosed with breast cancer, get it treated immediately or else you’ll have to bear the pain and suffering during breast cancer.
The kind of distress one feels may vary from person to person. So, be upfront with your healthcare professionals about the symptoms you’re experiencing.
Breast cancer can be of two types: cyclic or non-cyclic. The characteristics of pain depends upon the type of breast cancer one is having.
Cyclic Breast Pain:
- Associated with the menstrual cycle.
- Heavy or dull feelings along with pain.
- Led by swelling and lumps.
- Impacts both breasts.
- The pain intensifies during the duration of the period and relieves afterward.
Non-cyclic Breast Pain
- Not associated with the menstrual cycle.
- Intermittent pain.
- Impacts one breast at some particular spot, but may spread later on.
Exammatory Breast Pain
When the source of the breast pain actually lies outside of the breasts, then it is termed as Exammatory Breast Pain. For instance, when you have a muscle pull on your chest, it causes pain in the rib cage and walls of your chest, which will cause your breast to pain.
You should visit your doctor if the pain persists for a couple of weeks or the condition worsens with time or you feel that your daily activities are getting affected with the breast pain. Not all breast pain symptoms lead to breast cancer, just check with your doctor if you need an evaluation.
Causes Of Breast Pain
- Breast Surgery
- Breast Cysts
- Fibrocystic Breast Changes
- Breast Cancer
- Wrong-size bra
- Neck, Shoulder, or Back Sprains
- Breast Cancer
How To Get relieved From Breast Pain?
1. Avoid Caffeine: It is assumed that women who consume less caffeine experience less pain than those who are on higher intake. Although the results are not definitive, there are studies illustrating the notion.
2. Take Adequate Amounts Of Vitamins: Particularly, vitamin E and Vitamin B6 consumption should be enhanced so as to reduce the intensity of pain.
3. Switch To A High-fiber, Low-fat Diet: The right eating habits can improve the quality of your life. Researchers have found that a high-fat diet can actually worsen breast pain. Even if you don’t have breast cancer, you can stick to a high-fiber, low-fat and decrease your chances of getting the disease.
4. Reduce Sodium Intake: Higher sodium can give rise to water retention, thereby increasing breast pain. So, it is recommended to consume less salt(sodium).
5. Get A Mammogram Exam Scheduled One Week After Your Menstrual Cycle: During the menstrual cycle, breasts become very sensitive. Take the exam one week after your periods.
6. Wear Right-size Bra: Wearing a wrong-size bra may lead to non-cyclic breast pain. That’s the reason why it is advised to try bra at the store before purchasing it. The bra you choose should be very comfortable. There are various kinds of bras available at the store, know your needs and make choices accordingly.
7. Maintain Friendly Relations With Your Healthcare Professionals: Make sure you are free to your health care specialist. Let them know about any changes in the appearance of your breast. Be vocal about the pain and suffering you are going through. They should have expertise in their field so as to deliver proper assistance.
Tags: Breast cancer pain relief, Weight loss metastatic breast cancer, Diet for metastatic breast cancer